THE ENTERPRISE ZONE CORP. OF BRADDOCK
SERVING BRADDOCK, NORTH BRADDOCK, RANKIN AND SWISSVALE
The Enterprise Zone Corp. of Braddock (EZCB) is a non-profit development corporation serving Braddock, North Braddock, Rankin and Swissvale. Incorporated in 1986, the EZCB has directed economic development activities assisting in over 125 projects, leveraging over $400 million of investment and creating hundreds of jobs. In 2022 the EZCB engaged the Urban Land Institute (ULI) to undertake a strategic plan for the area. To access the strategic plan developed by the ULI, the EastShore Report, go to www.eastshorepgh.com, click on the “About” page and scroll down to the EastShore Report. If there is any difficulty accessing the report, please request a copy from EZCB Administrator Charles Starrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This newly created position will coordinate and direct the organization including the implementation of the EastShore Report. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors.
Minimum requirements include a relevant degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university with experience in public administration, community and economic development.
Please see the full job description below.
For more information on EZCB activities, go to www.eastshorepgh.com.
Candidates must submit via e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and at least three (3) references to EZCB Administrator Charles Starrett at email@example.com.
Please – no phone calls. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Enterprise Zone Corp. of Braddock Executive Director Scope of Services
Annual Salary- $90,000
Plus Fringe Benefits – Will include health benefits, a retirement benefit and paid time off.
To coordinate and direct the Braddock-North Braddock-Rankin-Swissvale economic and community development activities for and on behalf of the Enterprise Zone Corp. of Braddock (the corporation). The scope of work is as follows:
Strategy and Implementation
- Assist in the development and implementation of the corporation’s EastShore Initiative and the Strategic Plan prepared by the Urban Land Institute including coordinating fundraising efforts for plan implementation.
- Develop and implement strategies to target business and industrial expansion and development.
- Provide liaison to the Boroughs, Allegheny County and other organizations involved in the economic and community development activities.
Financial Management and Operations
- Establish proper financial management systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in accordance with applicable Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), Allegheny County (AC), and other funding requirements for the management of all funds that come to the corporation in relation to DCED, AC, foundation and private donations and other funding. Financial management will be the responsibility of the newly hired Executive Director who will coordinate with existing EZCB staff to ensure proper transition and establishment.
- Establish a record-keeping system for the collection and maintenance of all documentation required by DCED, AC, and others in compliance with all regulations. Record keeping will be the responsibility of the newly hired Executive Director who will coordinate with existing EZCB staff to ensure proper transition and establishment.
- Prepare and submit to DCED, AC, and funding provided by others and the Boroughs of Braddock, North Braddock, Rankin and Swissvale necessary reports and evaluation forms and to assist in providing information to these entities via written and verbal communication as required.
- Ensure that all relevant records are available for audit and/or preparation of I.R.S. Form 990 by others.
Loan Program Management
- Loan Administration and Servicing Scope of Work
(a.) Establishing appropriate files for each loan.
(b.) Establishing a payment schedule with the debtor.
(c.) Monitoring the monthly payments, receipt of the same, posting of the same, forwarding of the same to the appropriate account(s) of the Corporation and manage same.
(d.) Secure job monitoring reports from debtors on quarterly basis.
(e.) Prepare semi-annual reports on behalf of the Corporation for submission to the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.
(f.) Report to Corporation Board the status of accounts; contact with respect to any delinquencies; and preparation and forwarding to counsel for the Corporation any and all documents for said counsel for the Corporation to effectuate formal legal efforts to bring about loan payment, including court action and foreclosure.
Develop and assist in the administration of the corporation’s Enterprise Zone Small Business Loan Program for the above-referenced program.
Development and assist in the administration of the corporation’s Building Investment Loan Program.
- Assist business/developers in developing the format for or access to resources to assist in developing business plans and pro-formas and advising them on finding the best available financing.
- Oversee clerical and administrative services as necessary to support program activities.
Organization Management & Development
- Attendance at all Board Meetings of the corporation and oversee all meetings as requested by the corporation including overseeing the transcribing and distribution of minutes of the corporation’s meetings.
- Assist in developing and carrying out a public information program about corporation activities, as required.
- Advise the corporation on actions required to implement the corporation’s programs.
- Assess resources available to expand organization staff. The corporation has budgeted funds for an Administrative Assistant, marketing activities and fundraising activities. These hired positions are at the discretion of the Executive Director and may change to fit the needs of the organization.