THE ENTERPRISE ZONE CORP. OF BRADDOCK
SERVING BRADDOCK, NORTH BRADDOCK, RANKIN AND SWISSVALE
The Enterprise Zone Corp. of Swissvale (EZCB), a non-profit development corporation serving Braddock, North Braddock, Rankin and Swissvale, is seeking to fill an Executive Director position. Incorporated in 1986, the EZCB has directed economic development activities assisting in over 125 projects, leveraging over $400 million of investment and creating hundreds of jobs. Information on EZCB activities can found on this website. In 2022 the EZCB engaged the Urban Land Institute (ULI) to undertake a strategic plan for the area. The strategic plan developed by the ULI, the EastShore Report, is attached.
This newly created position will coordinate and direct the organization including the implementation of the EastShore Report. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors.
Minimum requirements include a relevant degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university with experience in public administration, community and economic development.
Please see the full job description below.
Candidates must submit via e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and at least three (3) references to EZCB Administrator Charles Starrett at email@example.com.
Please – no phone calls. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Enterprise Zone Corp. of Braddock Executive Director Scope of Services
Annual Salary-$70,000 Plus Fringe Benefits-$17,878 = $87,878
To coordinate and direct the Braddock-North Braddock-Rankin-Swissvale Enterprise Zone Program and related economic and community development activities for and on behalf of the Enterprise Zone Corp. of Braddock (the corporation). The scope of work is as follows:
- Establish proper financial management systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in accordance with applicable Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), Allegheny County (AC), and other funding requirements for the management of all funds that come to the corporation in relation to DCED, AC, and other funding.
- Establish a record-keeping system for the collection and maintenance of all documentation required by DCED, AC, and others in compliance with all regulations.
- Prepare and submit to DCED, AC, and funding provided by others and the Boroughs of Braddock, North Braddock, Rankin and Swissvale necessary reports and evaluation forms and to assist in providing information to these entities via written and verbal communication as required.
- Provide clerical services necessary to support program activities.
- Attendance at all Board Meetings of the corporation and oversee all meetings as requested by the corporation.
- Develop and implement strategies to target business and industrial expansion and development.
- Assist business/developers in developing the format for or access to resources to assist in developing business plans and pro-formas and advising them on finding the best available financing.
- Develop and assist in the administration of the corporation’s Enterprise Zone Small Business Loan Program for the above-referenced program.
- Development and assist in the administration of the corporation’s Building Investment Loan Program.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the corporation’s EastShore Initiative and the Strategic Plan prepared by the Urban Land Institute including coordinating fundraising efforts for plan implementation (plan is attached).
- Assist in developing and carrying out a public information program about corporation activities, as required.
- Provide liaison to the Boroughs, Allegheny County and other organizations involved in the economic and community development activities.
- Advise the corporation on actions required to implement the corporation’s programs.
- Insure that all relevant records are available for audit and/or preparation of I.R.S. Form 990 by others.
Note: Compensation is for administration services. The corporation has budgeted funds for office space, equipment, etc. but will be flexible and consider increasing compensation in lieu of expenditures on office space, equipment, etc. Further, out-of-pocket costs such as travel, meeting costs and seminars and conferences may be reimbursed at the discretion of the corporation.